Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas With the Dukes...

What kid didn't want to be an honorary Duke boy? Cool cars. Beautiful ladies. And a mechanic named Cooter. So imagine my surprise when early one Christmas morn, I opened my very own General Lee.


Forget the fact that to turn, you had to put it in reverse and then go forward. Forget the fact that it could barely run on rough blacktop, let alone, some back-woods dirt road. And forget the fact that it's 37 AA batteries died after about 14 seconds of play. I was a duke boy being chased by Boss Hogg and Rosco P. Coltrane.

As if this wasn't unbelievable enough, I scoped out my stocking and found this:

Now I could tell time like the Dukes. I imagine both boys sported this exact watch when they was havin' trouble with the law.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment about anything. But, please, be gentle.