Friday, February 27, 2009

Joe Friday: Salute the Flagg


It is the Holy Grail of all things G.I. Joe. The one thing we wanted most but knew we would probably never get. I'm talking about the G.I. Joe aircraft carrier...the U.S.S. Flagg. Ask any kid of the 80's if they had this huge piece of fun, and they'll probably say: "No, but I knew a kid who did." At a hundred bucks, there was NO WAY my parents were going to get me this little slice of heaven.



I, however, was fortunate enough to know a kid who DID have the USS Flagg. And, fortunately, he lived right next door. So, he became my best friend for the next few years while I used him for his new toy. And this thing was loaded. Missiles. Guns. A microphone/speaker so you could also play drive-thru. And I believe it was 23 feet long.



Check this thing out. It's HUGE. It could easily be used as a condo for a family of four. And it could hold almost all of your G.I. Joe stuff. So, had a been a brighter kid, I would have pointed out to my parents that they would no longer be stepping all over my Snake-eyes and Destro if only they would buy me this one thing in life I've always longed for.





I suppose I could always go here to buy one. But the guy wants 12 Grand...Yeah, you heard me...12 GRAND!! I may have a little disposable income, but frankly, the chunk of change this chump wants could probably buy me a working aircraft carrier.



So for now, I'll just keep hoping to hit the lottery. Or, I'll just have to find some other rich kid who owns a USS Flagg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment about anything. But, please, be gentle.